Thursday, September 23, 2010

Am I being a Bridezilla???

Something I found out this weekend really frustrated me and I need to know if I'm being a Bridezilla or if I have a reason to be upset.

This weekend we attended a couple from high schools wedding. It was a beautiful wedding and we had a great time! At the wedding we were sitting with a group of our friends and one of Zach's best friends brings up the fact that their sister is moving back to town earlier then expected and that her wedding is now going to be in the Spring instead of next Winter. When anybody says anything about a Spring wedding I get a little nervous until I hear the date. Well he said they were still looking into venues and they hadn't set a date yet. Zach asked him to remind her that our date was April 30th and to just keep that in mind when setting their date. Well later that day we were told that when he went to remind her of our date she told him they had just put a deposit down and their wedding will be May 1st! That means our wedding will be Saturday and theirs will be Sunday. A million things started running through my head. Zach's friend is a groomsman in both weddings and now I'm worried she will have her rehearsal dinner then night of our wedding and he'll have to hurry out of our reception. We also have LOTS of common friends and I do not know how many of them will be involved in her wedding.

So give me your thoughts... Is it appropriate for me to talk to her about not having her rehearsal dinner the night of our wedding? I don't want to come off as being rude or making my wedding the priority. But I do feel that I should mention that we have had our date set for over 4 months! Anyways, what do ya think?

6 comments:

  1. That's a hard situation. The one wedding I went to on a Sunday and was involved with since my fiance was the best man was held on Friday before the wedding. I know that is probably when you would be having your rehearsal dinner as well. I'd mention it in passing if you are friends with her, but I certainly do not think you are being a bridezilla about it at all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I would talk to her directly but maybe to a couple of the friends you have that may be involved in both and kind of feel them out. I mean obvisouly your wedding is top priority so I am guessing most of them would choose your wedding over her rehearsal dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No worries - One of our groomsman was actually Best Man in a wedding the night before ours. It all worked out fine. :) He might miss his sister's rehearsal dinner, but what better rehearsal than being in your wedding?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the advice! It makes me feel much better that some of you have dealt with this situation and it all worked out : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh, that's frustrating! I think it will all work out, but you definitely aren't being a bridezilla. Luckily it's not the same day! We had a couple from our high school who were originally going to get married the same day as us - We don't have a ton of mutual friends, but all of our past teachers (several of whom were at our wedding) would have had to choose between the 2. They ended up having theirs 2 weeks earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! So glad you left a comment on my blog.. new follower of yours! I love that you and your fiance have been together a while too! :) Oh, and we are date twins.. yey for April 30th! :)

    Ok, I think it's totally fine to talk to her. I wouldn't get your emotions involved if you can help it though. I would be frustrated too but there may have been a reason they picked May 1st and it just worked for them. I would just explain to her the situation and ask when she was thinking of having her rehearsal. Some venues have their rehearsals two days before, but that could also tap into your rehersal time. It would be best to try and figure it out earlier than later though. I don't think you're being a bridezilla at all! :)

    ReplyDelete