Monday, May 31, 2010

First Wedding of the Summer

This weekend my fiance and I attended our first wedding together as an engaged couple. I was extremely excited and I could tell my fiance was excited as well. I saw everything differently now that I am in the process of planning my own wedding. I now notice things about weddings I never noticed before. For instance, I noticed how the wedding party entered, the order of the ceremony, how the food was served, decorations for the ceremony and reception, the complete reception experience, and many many other things. I now enjoy weddings more than ever! This was only the first of many weddings on the calendar for the next few months and I am already looking forward to the next!

The wedding this weekend was an outdoor wedding and it made me really jealous that I am not having an outdoor wedding. Both my fiance and I would absolutely LOVE to have an outdoor wedding but we both worry about Kansas weather in April. There would be a very good chance of rain or tornadoes and we do not want to deal with the stress of having to move our wedding indoors at the last minute.

Did you have a similar experience attending weddings after you were engaged and had started the wedding planning process? Did you decide to have an indoor wedding due to weather concerns even though you would have loved to have an outdoor wedding?

No comments:

Post a Comment