Monday, May 24, 2010

Wedding Colors

Deciding on my wedding colors was a lot harder than I would have expected. I was not one of those girls that grew up picturing my dream wedding knowing exactly what colors would be involved. I decided to search online for wedding color combinations to give myself some ideas of what I would like. After searching online I decided I wanted my main color to be yellow but I did not know what I wanted to pair it with. My mom was shopping at Michaels and found some invitations that were yellow and gray/silver and she asked me to come look at them. I ended up falling in love with the color combination! They are definitely not the most traditional wedding colors but I think it's perfect for me and my fiance. When I searched yellow and gray weddings online I found some beautiful wedding pictures that have given me some great ideas!







I am pretty picky about the color of yellow I want the bridesmaids to wear. I do not want a pastel yellow, instead I want what they call canary yellow or marigold yellow (more like the first picture than the last picture). What do you think about the groomsman's wearing gray? I know it is pretty modern but I kind of like the idea to keep with the yellow and gray theme. But do you think it is too non-traditional?

7 comments:

  1. I think it would look awesome!! I loove that color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Congratulations. I just found your blog. I love that color combination!! If we were getting married in spring or summer that would have been ours hands down. Check out some of the inspiration photos for that color scheme on: http://www.seattlestyle.com/couturecoloure/

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it! have you gone to dessy.com yet? you can make an inspiration board there which helped me out a lot - i had so many ideas in my head as to what i wanted to do and what colors, etc. and this really helped me focus :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Thanks for your comment on my blog! I'm a new follower of yours as well. ;) I found these 2 inspiration boards a while back for a friend of mine. She's getting married in July so keep an eye out for my posts on her wedding. I LOVE the 2nd one. Here ya go:

    http://weddingcabaret.blogspot.com/2009/07/muse-board-french-flair.html

    http://weddingcabaret.blogspot.com/2009/05/muse-board-stone-honey.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the website suggestions. I'll definitely go check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi and congrats!! Love your blog layout! We just got married this passed April and used Yellow for our flowers and lemon centerpieces with tiffany blue bridesmaids dresses. The color combo was so beautiful. I love the yellow and gray too. Yellow is such a great spring color. I love the first yellow bridesmaid dress as well with the suits in the last photo...and how cute are the gray vest with the yellow ties. Our guys had blue ties with yellow calla lilies. :) Cant wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! I just passed by your blog and I'm actually planning on using these exact same colors for my wedding. I'm all about breaking of the traditional stereotypes for weddings! And I definitely say keep the guys in gray suits. I think it's so striking in pictures. And if you're into them, I think skinny ties are awesome, especially in pictures. Congratulations and good luck!

    ReplyDelete